Our client is a leader in the development, financing, and operation of distributed utility-scale solar and storage assets for commercial, industrial, municipal, and utility customers across the US. The business has developed more than 100 solar energy projects, with more than 400 MW total distributed generating capacity in operation or under construction and invested over $1 Billion to date into the US clean energy sector. The business is backed by a group of investors known in the renewable energy industry.
- Monitor and manage generation and financial performance of a +$1B portfolio of over 100 solar projects across +15 states and stand-along energy storage/ solar + storage projects.
- Supervise Asset Managers, Junior Asset Managers and Asset Operations personnel, in the performance of their duties and provide leadership, training, and coaching to a diverse team of individuals with varying skillsets.
- Supervise preparation of periodic asset management reports (including operational and financial performance)
- Identify and initiate optimization efforts on operations within the Asset Management department and for the portfolio projects
- Facilitate the onboarding of additional portfolios of solar projects
- Lead annual budget creation process and ongoing budget monitoring
- Manage relationships with key contract counterparties
- Oversee fulfilment and compliance of all project-level contracts including the PPA, EPC, PILOT, and O&M agreements
- Lead asset management in resolution of material or technical issues affecting power plants (e.g. warranty claims, environmental or regulatory violations, contract breach, insurance claims)
- Oversee project-company level compliance with all regulatory and environmental requirements, ensuring that all filings are completed accurately and on-time
- Ensure the management framework developed by the Asset Management team is implemented consistently across all projects and portfolios
- Develop operational market knowledge with goal of serving as the internal subject matter expert in the structure of the electricity and REC markets in which the solar projects are located
- 7+ year’s work experience in utility-scale solar asset management. Experience with the management of energy storage projects is a plus.
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized, with an ability to balance multiple projects under tight deadlines with little or no supervision.
- Exemplary organizational skills and process orientation skills - be able to coordinate and prioritize numerous important tasks, as well as proactively identify and address potential issues in a fast-paced work environment
- Demonstrable leadership skills and proven ability to manage a team with multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Knowledge and technical understanding of power plant operations and maintenance with an understanding of the key drivers for safe, reliable, cost-effective and compliant operation/
- A successful candidate will have a high level of proficiency in the use of computer applications including proficiency in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook), the candidate must be proficient with financial modeling
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US