Our client is a leading investment firm focused on climate-positive initiatives, they actively collaborate with clients to deploy tangible assets that drive the energy transition. They have a substantial portfolio of over $9 billion in managed assets, their vision is rooted in the belief that every investment plays a crucial role in shaping a more sustainable climate future.
- Execute accounting for our investment transactions, including journal entries, financial analysis, and month-end reconciliations
- Maintain accounting schedules for our equity-method investments and for our residual interest in securitization trusts
- Assist with quarterly and ad-hoc asset fair value calculations
- Research accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Contribute to a timely monthly financial close
- Assist with preparation of periodic SEC filings such as Form 10-K and Form 10-Q
- Collaborate with Investments, Portfolio Management, Corporate Finance and other departments
- Respond to document requests from external and internal auditors and contribute to the operating effectiveness of our compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley internal controls environment
- Meticulous and thorough, paying strong attention to detail.
- Trustworthy and consistent, demonstrating exceptional initiative and the ability to work autonomously.
- Possessing excellent interpersonal skills, capable and enthusiastic about working in a dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial setting.
- Exhibiting exceptional written and verbal communication abilities.
- Remaining composed under pressure and adept at managing multiple priorities effectively.
- Capable of swiftly and accurately analyzing intricate information and conveying it succinctly.
- Displaying an interest in sustainability and related subjects.
- Preference is given to candidates with experience in the energy or financial services industry.
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a public company setting, either with a Big 4 accounting firm or a regional accounting firm.
- Essential understanding of financial concepts, including NPV (Net Present Value) and IRR (Internal Rate of Return).
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, along with knowledge of data analysis techniques.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting is a mandatory requirement.
- Either an active CPA license holder or a candidate in the process of obtaining a CPA license.
- Familiarity with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).