Our client is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. Our client has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, the business empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure
Looking to hire a Solar Performance Engineer to join the Asset Management Group. The Asset Management team helps clients manage their solar investments through technical and financial analysis and advisory services. The team also supports strategic vision by monitoring the company’s direct investments, managing financial exposure from existing contracts and advising the company on strategic initiatives. The group provides real world feedback to internal and external stakeholders from technical analysis on its operating portfolio. This is a great opportunity to gain visibility and breadth into our Utility Scale and C&I teams and the various types of assets developed by our client.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engineering support for a growing portfolio of operational distributed generation (DG) and utility scale solar projects
- Manage O&M service providers to resolve issues and ensure optimal PV project performance. Proactively identify, address, and resolving concerns, risks, and questions about system performance and construction.
- Prepare technical performance reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain a database of existing and future distributed generation and utility assets by entering maintenance events and performance data and validating record integrity by cross referencing with source data.
- Administer warranty/performance guarantees by ensuring minimum production guarantees are met with regards to the EPC/O&M contracts.
Skill & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field
- Zero to five years of work experience.
- A strong desire to work in the solar energy industry.
- Previous experience managing operational solar projects or O&M service providers is a plus but not required
- Proficiency with data science and data visualization tools such as Python and Power BI a plus
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to succinctly summarize complex technical issues, both in writing and verbally.