Our client is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. Our client has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, the business empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure
In this role, you will work closely with the Director of Accounting and Structured Funds to support accounting, tax, and financial reporting functions related to our Structured Funds, all of which are integral parts of this utility-scale developer’s growth in the Renewable Energy space.
- Prepare journal entries and updating workbooks and schedules for period-end close for several tax equity funds and subsidiaries within our development business.
- Produce a full set of stand-alone and consolidated financial statements for several funds.
- Produce ad-hoc reports per the request of the Asset Management and Development teams on an ongoing basis.
- Book cash transactions, both routine and complex, related to the acquisition, financing, and operations of the funds and projects.
- Assist in the accounting and reporting research to analyze significant and/or complex non-recurring transactions.
- Complete account reconciliations, financial statements, and other analyses on a periodic basis to support our monthly close, consolidation and external reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the Asset Management and Development teams to reconcile project budgets to actual spend.
- Innovate to create process efficiencies and optimize our use of available systems and technologies.
- Assist with development, refinement, implementation, and documentation of accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls related to the corporate accounting, reporting, and tax function.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Experience with technical accounting (ASC 842, ASC 606, etc.)
- An undergraduate degree (MS in Accounting or BA) and 3+ years of experience as a staff or public accountant is required.
- CPA required.
- NetSuite experience is preferred.
- Financial Reporting and/or Tax experience is a plus.
- Renewable energy or real estate fund experience is a plus.
- Experience working in renewable project development or construction is a plus