Our client is leveraging extensive expertise in deep energy storage, a track record of successful project execution, and substantial capital to contribute to the realization of the energy transition.
Supported by one of the world's biggest financial institutions the company has a diversified Infrastructure business, The company is well-capitalized to undertake the construction, ownership, operation, and trading of products derived from their energy storage asset portfolio.
The company's current fleet of assets, either operational or under construction, features the largest energy storage fleet in Texas and ranks among the nation's largest development pipelines, with a combined capacity exceeding 11,000 megawatts.
The business is expanding its team and is actively seeking a key hire to oversee project development activities in ERCOT and select U.S. markets. The role encompasses a wide range of responsibilities, including land acquisition, permitting, conceptual design advancement, planning, interconnection, and providing support throughout construction and project execution. As part of a closely-knit, multi-disciplinary team, the company is looking for a candidate who can contribute expertise in at least one additional major discipline, such as commercial transactions, financial modeling and analysis, legal support, or construction management. The successful candidate is expected to apply industry-leading principles and processes to enhance the company's platform and value proposition.
- Progress the company's prominent development portfolio from initial desktop screening to pre-construction phases.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders, including landowners, government officials, first responders, counterparties, environmental, market and technical experts, to navigate complex permitting processes.
- Contribute to the broader development team's goals and establish best practices for energy storage development.
- Develop and manage project budgets, development plans, and schedules to ensure projects remain on track throughout all phases.
- Lead internal and external teams in advancing permitting, interconnection, and engineering activities, working towards achieving Notice to Proceed (NTP).
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to understand and navigate market, transmission, regulatory, and competitive dynamics in target markets.
- Outline and oversee project due diligence for commercial and M&A activities.
- Support the internal investment approval process and prepare board materials for approval.
- 3+ years of experience in energy project development.
- Proven experience in building and leading internal and external teams to successfully deliver complex development projects.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and making informed business decisions within tight timelines.
- Willingness to take on various roles based on business needs and project priorities.
- Strong affinity for small teams and organizations, coupled with curiosity and enthusiasm to innovate and generate new ideas while bringing out the best in team members.
- Proactive and unafraid to take ownership and initiative within a highly motivated, fast-paced team.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with energy storage technologies and deployments.
$150-$170k base plus bonus