The Company is a leading developer, owner, and operator of utility-scale energy storage projects across North America. Positioned at the forefront of the rapidly growing battery energy storage market, our projects play a vital role in transitioning the nation's electric grid to a cleaner and more reliable future. By providing major utilities with reliable fast-ramping capacity and various grid services, we contribute to the seamless integration of renewable energy sources. Independently owned, we rank among the largest players in the US energy storage sector, boasting a 15+ GWh pipeline and approximately 1.7 GWh of projects in operation, construction, or advanced development under contract with utilities and other power buyers. Headquartered in Newport Beach, California, we have a diverse management team with decades of experience in the renewable energy, utility, and independent power sectors.
At The Company, every employee contributes significantly to our growth and profitability on a daily basis. Our culture is characterized by its fast-paced, high-performance, and team-oriented nature. We prioritize the quality of life and flexibility for our employees, supporting them in achieving their career goals. Apply here today to embark on an extraordinary career.
The Company is in search of a Senior Financial Analyst to play a key role in developing and maintaining financial analysis tools. This critical position informs intelligent decisions about energy storage project development, investment, and financing opportunities, reporting to the Senior Manager of Finance.
- Build and maintain complex financial models for evaluating energy storage projects and investment opportunities.
- Develop detailed financial forecasts for energy storage projects, covering capital costs, revenues, operating expenses, and financing elements.
- Compile supporting data and evidentiary sources for key assumptions in financial models and forecasts.
- Create and analyze scenarios to assess risks and opportunities for storage project investments.
- Prepare reports and projections summarizing financial modeling results to aid decision-making.
- Analyze model results and make recommendations to optimize project and investment performance.
- Assist with financing and capital raising for energy storage projects and the corporate portfolio.
- Research energy industry fundamentals and trends to identify threats or opportunities for investment.
- Assess project performance against expectations, incorporating learnings into new forecasts for continuous improvement.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance required; Master's degree in finance, business, or a related field is a plus.
- Three or more years of financial analysis experience, with a strong understanding of the renewable energy sector preferred.
- High curiosity, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in financial modeling, including advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to convey complex financial ideas to all levels of management.
- High accuracy, attention to detail, effectiveness, and efficiency in work.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate across the organization.
Compensation and Location: $100,000-120,000
Compensation: The annual salary plus bonus range for this position is listed below. The actual salary and bonus offered will depend on the specific skills and experience of the selected candidate.