About the job
Renewable Energy Development/Project Negotiating Attorney with a leading Renewable Energy Developer who owns & operates a diverse portfolio of Renewable projects throughout the United States, specializing in utility-scale wind, solar, and battery storage assets.
Company's portfolio exceeds 6 GW of capacity among a portfolio of over 60 renewable energy projects, you would be joining a team with a proven track record for success within the space of Renewable Energy for over a decade now. With 12 projects going live this year alone, this company continues to grow
This attorney will become part of a small, inclusive, highly skilled team responsible for supporting a utility-scale solar, wind, and battery storage portfolio of development-stage projects within a fast-paced environment that values collaboration, thoughtful problem solving, and attention to detail.
Your responsibilities will include drafting, negotiating, and analyzing development-stage agreements for solar projects in early, mid-, and late-stage development. You’ll also negotiate and review project permits and advise on general corporate, financing, and transactional matters relating to a growing portfolio of wind and solar projects across the United States.
Skills & Experience:
- Applicants should have two to five years of experience advising developers of renewable energy projects or their counterparties, either as external or internal counsel, in connection with project development.
- Prior permitting experience is a significant plus.
- Experience helping to bring a renewable energy project from early stage development to the start of construction is required; related project finance and/or M&A experience is a plus.
- Well-developed analytical, organizational, drafting, and communication skills are essential.
- Sound judgment is of great importance, as is a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team in supporting a highly dynamic renewable energy business.