Our client is a leading private renewable energy company focused on acquiring and operating hydropower projects, now expanding into new technologies like solar and battery storage. We believe investing in renewable energy is critical to building a low-carbon economy. Their current platform includes 85 hydropower plants in 18 states with a combined capacity of more than 680 megawatts, generating 250 million megawatt-hours annually. They have doubled the size of our portfolio over the past several years and expect to continue growing over the next five years through investments that provide compelling returns and protect future generations from a changing climate.
Our client is seeking a Quanitiative Asset Management Associate that will play a key role in managing the portfolio of oil, gas, assets. You will lead energy dispatch scheduling of hydroelectric facilities, conduct diligence on optimization initiatives for our portfolio and monitor changes in power markets.
- Maintain pricing & risk quantification models and reports for power & natural gas products, power congestion contracts, load positions, and other derivatives, load, storage, options and structured commodity transactions in a systematic analytical framework
- Leverage problem solving / analytical skills, quantitative expertise, programming and data analysis to identify new trading opportunities and develop methodologies for tracking and reporting them
- Maintain fundamental models (of supply and demand) for power & natural gas markets at regional and macro levels utilizing state-of-the-art demand forecasting and the latest infrastructure intelligence available. Markets of interest include all North American RTO power markets (PJM, CAISO, NYISO, MISO, SPP, ISO-NE, ERCOT, CENACE, IESO, AESO) and all North American natural gas markets
- Assist in daily trading activities: PnL and Risk calculations, trade settlement and execution
- Work closely with IT on analytical systems & modeling improvement projects and developing and testing new system enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field
- Excel proficiency required. Python OR SQL
- 5+ years of experience in organized ISO/RTO power markets (NYISO experience preferred)
- Proficiency in managing data sets and building models in Excel
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and meet time-sensitive deadlines