Our client is a prominent company that specializes in providing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and energy management solutions specifically designed for the real estate industry. Their approach, called Find-Fix-Follow, involves identifying the most suitable opportunities within a real estate portfolio, implementing necessary fixes on individual assets, and consistently monitoring and optimizing long-term value in alignment with financial and sustainability goals.
The company serves a wide range of clients, including building owners, management companies, developers, contractors, architects, governments, and utility companies. They offer various consulting services such as energy benchmarking, energy audits, financial and technical feasibility analysis, grant and rebate assistance, green building (LEED®) consulting, and training programs for professionals and building managers.
In addition, they provide design and installation services for solar electric and solar thermal systems, heating, cooling, and HVAC systems, lighting systems, as well as construction management and commissioning.
They also offer EnergyScoreCards, a comprehensive service that combines benchmarking, energy management, and measurement and verification (M&V) to help clients effectively monitor and manage their energy usage.
Furthermore, the company provides MoBIUS, a real-time energy management service that focuses on enhancing ongoing operational efficiency for their clients.
- Manage large multifamily new construction and passive house (PHIUS/PHI) projects.
- Advise on decarbonization and sustainability as it relates to all aspects of a project.
- Recommend energy efficiency and resiliency strategies supported by engineering calculations, building science, and simulations.
- Track progress of multiple projects simultaneously and work with external design and construction teams to keep projects on track to meet performance/program goals.
- Perform architectural and engineering design reviews and communicate feedback to design teams.
- Perform energy modeling to simulate projected building performance and provide energy reduction recommendations.
- Review construction submittals.
- Perform construction inspections and testing to ensure quality installation of building envelope and mechanical systems.
- Maintain working knowledge of newest technologies and trends in the building energy industry.
- Stay up to date on iterative changes related to ASHRAE Standards, Energy Code, certification programs, and state/city energy incentives.
- Complete documentation associated with program compliance and liaise with partner program administrators.
- Knowledge of rating/certification programs: PHIUS, PHI, ENERGY STAR MFNC, EGC, LEED New Construction, and others
- Experience with software tools: WUFI Passive, DesignPH, PHPP, and SketchUp
- Work experience in engineering or architecture, with a focus on building performance and sustainability
- Ability to read, interpret, and adjust architectural/mechanical plans and construction documents
- Proficiency in evaluating and performing engineering calculations related to HVAC systems
- Understanding of building science and building envelope design
- Experience in construction inspections or construction management
- Experience with performance testing of large buildings with complex systems and envelopes (preferably certified as HERS Rater, PHIUS Rater/Verifier, BPI, or similar)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to independently problem solve and troubleshoot
- Proficient in analyzing and presenting data clearly
- Strong adaptable communication skills
- Strong writing abilities
- Proactive and passionate about implementing high-performance practices in building design and construction
- Previous OSHA 10-HR and Scaffold Training preferred, but not required
- Preference given to candidates with passive house designations such as CPHC or CPHD