Looking to hire a Project Development for a client who is an energy trading merchant, asset optimizer, and asset investor with a focus on battery energy storage. Our client will have you spearhead across the lifecycle of carefully chosen assets to express market views efficiently and gain exposure to volatility in specific markets.
The Project Development Lead is responsible for overseeing the entire lifecycle of utility-scale wind and solar-powered generation projects, from project identification to financial closure and the commencement of construction.
- Manage the permitting process for utility-scale wind farms and solar parks at local, state, federal, and regional levels.
- Supervise the development of project proposals for submission to utility companies.
- Secure land surface rights for the design, permitting, construction, operation, and maintenance of wind and solar power projects.
- Identify potential projects with favorable wind resources, electric transmission access, and site suitability.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with stakeholders, including elected officials, regulators, utilities, RTOs, and community leaders to facilitate project development.
- Engage in policy advocacy efforts with government officials on matters concerning the wind and solar industry.
- Oversee Generation Interconnection studies conducted by transmission providers and third parties.
- Manage the environmental study and permitting process.
- Contribute to the financial analysis and modeling of projects.
- Administer project-level expenditures and invoice processing.
- Develop and manage project budgets.
- Participate in negotiations for interconnection agreements.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including Legal, Engineering, Construction, Finance, Investment Analysis, and Energy Assessment.
- Provide regular updates and reports to management, including pipeline updates and project status updates.
- Continuously research the energy market and competition.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible project management experience in the energy or related industry.
- Prior experience in utility-scale wind development is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products and/or complementary software is preferred.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise is advantageous.
- Valid driver's license.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Strong interest in renewable energy.