About the client
Our client’s renewable energy platform was established by a worldwide alternative asset manager via its impact investing platform.
The company's primary activities involve the creation, building, and sustained ownership of renewable energy facilities. Currently, their portfolio encompasses 11.7 GW of renewable energy ventures and storage, spread across North America, Europe, and Latin America. With a total value of $16 billion, the business operates as an impact investing platform, concentrating on funding and fostering the expansion of exceptional enterprises that generate tangible social and environmental benefits on a global scale.
Reporting to the Vice President of Project Development, the Manager of Origination holds accountability for promoting and fostering business growth in a collection of energy storage assets within the United States power markets. Concurrently, they serve as a representative of the company, embodying its brand.
- Devise marketing strategies and implement sales tactics for each market within the company's operational scope.
- Offer strategic advice to developers based on market insights and client input. Spearhead initiatives involving clients to initiate Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) with Investor-Owned Utilities (IOUs), municipal entities, cooperatives, Community Choice Aggregators (CCAs), and Retail Energy Service Providers (ESPs).
- Routinely engage with key prospects, promoting projects, documenting tasks, scheduling follow-ups, and highlighting pertinent information to position the company optimally for future prospects.
- Leverage networking opportunities by participating in industry conferences, association gatherings, and client visits.
- Evaluate Request for Proposals (RFPs) and collaborate with developers to identify projects aligning with customer requirements.
- Lead the development of persuasive proposals based on RFP specifications and customer insights derived from prior interactions.
- Negotiate both physical and financial PPAs, guiding transactions through internal endorsement procedures by crafting investment documentation and presentations for senior management and the Investment Committee.
- Aid in acquiring market intelligence from industry news sources, subscriptions, and professional networks, subsequently sharing this information with the development team.
- Contribute to advocacy efforts concerning legislative and regulatory matters, fostering the promotion and enhancement of company assets and developmental prospects. Monitor and analyze regulatory submissions and oversee participation in relevant regulatory processes, including advocating for company positions through industry associations.
- Stay updated on inventive off-take structures that mitigate risk and maximize value when feasible.
- Offer insights to the Finance team regarding contracting frameworks and market pricing, facilitating compelling proposals to clients.
- Assist the M&A team by engaging in acquisition procedures, encompassing the assessment of off-take agreements and provision of market analysis to lead deal makers.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in sales and marketing, featuring a well-established network of buyers in the realm of utility-scale renewable energy.
- Holds a Bachelor of Science degree in finance, economics, risk management, engineering, with a preference for an MBA.
- Demonstrates a track record of successfully negotiating at least one Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
- Possesses a strong grasp of pertinent facets such as regulations, resource planning, transmission, congestion, renewable portfolio standards, and forward energy curves, and comprehends their impact on both medium and long-term energy products.
- Exhibits qualities including analytical prowess, commercial acumen, organizational skills, collaborative mindset, positive demeanor, high energy, professionalism, confidence, inquisitiveness, and discipline.
- Can showcase existing connections with targeted clients.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication proficiencies.
- Capable of managing multiple tasks and prioritizing responsibilities to meet deadlines.
- Adaptable, adept at foreseeing challenges and opportunities, skilled at effective problem-solving, and contributes positively as a team player.
$140-165k base plus bonus