About the client
The company is an autonomous power producer specializing in the development, construction, ownership, and operation of renewable energy projects. As the U.S. branch of a publicly traded, the company leverages its robust financial foundation and extensive project expertise to construct initiatives that foster enduring benefits for local communities, landowners, our stakeholders, and the environment.
Our client is looking for a highly motivated and passionate Mergers and Acquisitions Manager to take a pivotal role in driving Energix's business development. This position will play a central role in shaping the future of our dynamic and expanding company, leading critical efforts in M&A, offtake agreements, and finance. By committing to developing an in-depth understanding of the market and adopting a proactive approach to generating new business opportunities, this role will have a significant impact on both the day-to-day operations and the long-term success of Energix. The M&A Manager will operate from our company headquarters in Arlington, VA.
- Actively seek out and evaluate potential M&A opportunities, including companies, pipelines, and projects for acquisition.
- Manage project finance and tax equity transactions.
- Spearhead the structuring and negotiation of offtake agreements for solar, battery, PV/BESS hybrid projects across the U.S.
- Negotiate the terms of M&A transactions and oversee their successful closure.
- Identify suitable parties for the sale of offtake and environmental attributes of projects.
- Cultivate and maintain a deep understanding of the market, industry players, and the regulatory landscape.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including regulatory bodies, utilities, municipalities, corporations, developers, and industry leaders.
- Supervise the due diligence process for potential M&A and/or tax equity transactions.
- As a part of the Development team, assume additional responsibilities in Development and Business Development as necessary to facilitate company growth and project pipeline expansion.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in energy, M&A, project development, origination, business development, or relevant legal fields.
- A background and focus on the energy sector is preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in business, economics, engineering, finance, or a related field; an advanced degree is desirable.
- Familiarity with wholesale/retail electric supply markets, including PPAs, hedges, and capacity transactions and auctions, is advantageous.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, enabling effective interaction with internal teams, external engineering firms, regulatory representatives, and ISO/RTOs representatives in a collaborative and positive manner.
- Strong work ethic, adaptability, teamwork, and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Proficiency in using MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proactive mindset with a passion for initiating and executing transactions.
- An independent thinker capable of thriving in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and deliver error-free work within deadlines.
Hybrid (occasional office visits to Arlington, VI office)
$145-$165k base plus bonus