My client is one of the largest competitive energy and power generation companies in North America. They operate power plants that use diverse fuel sources in the most attractive wholesale power markets and sell energy to wholesale and retail customers in selected competitive markets. Due to continuing growth and expansion they are looking to hire a Market Risk Lead.
- Daily P&L, and Position Reporting including P&L attribution.
- Report and explain @Risk metrics for the portfolio (GMaR, VaR, PFE, CFaR)
- Cash Month position and P&L reporting buildout with IT to include Realized and Unrealized P&L.
- Develop weighted average sales price, weighted average cost of inventory, and inventory reports.
- Create portfolio metrics to highlight commercial activity and historical market trends.
- Manage cross-functional projects as needed.
- Document and maintain all processes, procedures, and flow charts.
- Documentation and implementation of key controls.
- Provide back-up support for static data set-up and maintenance.
- Gross Margin (DPR) Reporting and Analytics.
- Facilitating activity between FO/MO/BO.
- Maintain data integrity in systems of record.
- Leading data transformation (Clean, Clear, Consistent, Catalogued)
- Develop tools to support analytical processes around the portfolio.
- Assisting in the valuation and capture of structured transactions.
- Assisting in the implementation, configuration and testing of core business processes and related systems (ETRM).
- 5+ years of experience in power and gas markets with deep understanding of risk reporting (position, P&L, VaR) and processes.
- Strong knowledge of physical and financial trading instruments with experience in ERCOT and PJM ISOs (FTR/CRR, REC and emissions credits experience a plus).
- Prior experience with Aligne or other ETRM systems.
- Solid analytical and modeling skills with advanced capabilities in Excel, SQL, VBA, or similar technologies (Python a plus).
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Proven track record of leading and delivering projects which require coordination among multiple groups across the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or a quantitative discipline is required, with an advanced degree a plus.
- Self-starter with high energy that thrives in contributing both individually and on project teams.
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations, and time management skills.
- Energy options experience a plus.
- Risk experience related to power generation assets a plus.