Our client is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. Our client has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, the business empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure
This client is looking for Land Manager, one who possesses extensive knowledge of all facets of real estate transactions, including, but not limited to title and survey review, chain of title and other curative issues, direct landowner contact at times and a thorough knowledge of legal processes related to renewable energy development, including land acquisition, site control, contract compliance, and a working knowledge of key transaction documents.
In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing site control diligence materials and managing real estate documents for multiple ongoing projects ranging from initial land acquisition to construction ready.
- Draft and oversee compliance of landowner and third-party agreements including leases, amendments, estoppels, easements, assignments, subordinations and other documents related to the lease or purchase of property. Be a point person for the company's real estate management platform.
- Review vesting documents, title commitments, proformas, surveys, crossing agreements, and site plans in connection with required access and interconnection and jurisdictional requirements. Perform land records and lien searches, and related legal research.
- Identify and resolve surface and mineral title issues and draft curative documents. Manage strategy to cure title and mineral rights issues for specific projects.
- For mid- and late-stage projects, lead efforts and work directly with land owners to obtain expansion land of neighboring parcels, negotiate new lease terms and extensions, and cure real estate issues as needed to support the project.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Four-year college degree
- 5+ years’ experience in real estate for solar or land development.
- A strong network and proven track record for managing consultants.