Our client is a prominent company that specializes in providing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and energy management solutions specifically designed for the real estate industry. Their approach, called Find-Fix-Follow, involves identifying the most suitable opportunities within a real estate portfolio, implementing necessary fixes on individual assets, and consistently monitoring and optimizing long-term value in alignment with financial and sustainability goals.
The company serves a wide range of clients, including building owners, management companies, developers, contractors, architects, governments, and utility companies. They offer various consulting services such as energy benchmarking, energy audits, financial and technical feasibility analysis, grant and rebate assistance, green building (LEED®) consulting, and training programs for professionals and building managers.
In addition, they provide design and installation services for solar electric and solar thermal systems, heating, cooling, and HVAC systems, lighting systems, as well as construction management and commissioning.
They also offer EnergyScoreCards, a comprehensive service that combines benchmarking, energy management, and measurement and verification (M&V) to help clients effectively monitor and manage their energy usage.
Furthermore, the company provides MoBIUS, a real-time energy management service that focuses on enhancing ongoing operational efficiency for their clients.
- Oversee and manage large-scale multifamily new construction projects, including passive house (PHIUS/PHI) projects.
- Provide expert guidance on decarbonization and sustainability, incorporating these principles into all aspects of the project.
- Utilize engineering calculations, building science, and simulations to recommend energy efficiency and resiliency strategies.
- Efficiently monitor and track progress of multiple projects simultaneously, collaborating with external design and construction teams to ensure projects stay on course to meet performance and program goals.
- Conduct thorough architectural and engineering design reviews and effectively communicate feedback to design teams.
- Perform energy modeling to accurately project building performance and offer valuable recommendations for energy reduction.
- Carefully review construction submittals to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive construction inspections and testing to guarantee the high-quality installation of building envelope and mechanical systems.
- Continuously stay updated on the latest technologies and trends in the building energy industry.
- Stay well-informed about iterative changes related to ASHRAE Standards, Energy Code, certification programs, and state/city energy incentives.
- Complete all necessary documentation related to program compliance and maintain regular communication with partner program administrators.
- Familiarity with Passive House Institute US (PHIUS), Passive House Institute (PHI), ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction (MFNC), Enterprise Green Communities (EGC), LEED New Construction, and other rating/certification programs.
- Proficiency in working with WUFI Passive, DesignPH, Passive House Planning Package (PHPP), and SketchUp.
- Work experience in engineering or architecture, with a focus on building performance and sustainability.
- Ability to understand and interpret architectural/mechanical plans and construction documents.
- Capability to conduct engineering calculations related to HVAC systems.
- Understanding of building science and building envelope design.
- Experience in construction inspections or construction management.
- Knowledge and experience in performance testing of large buildings with complex systems and envelopes, preferably holding credentials such as HERS Rater, PHIUS Rater/Verifier, BPI, or other applicable field certifications.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Independent problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Proficient data analysis and clear dissemination skills.
- Strong adaptable communication skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proactive and passionate about leading a project team to implement high-performance best practices in building design and construction.
- Previous OSHA 10-HR and Scaffold Training preferred, but not mandatory (can be provided).
- Preference will be given to candidates with a passive house designation, such as CPHC or CPHD.
$65,000 - $75,000