Our client is a prominent company that specializes in providing energy efficiency, renewable energy, and energy management solutions specifically designed for the real estate industry. Their approach, called Find-Fix-Follow, involves identifying the most suitable opportunities within a real estate portfolio, implementing necessary fixes on individual assets, and consistently monitoring and optimizing long-term value in alignment with financial and sustainability goals.
The company serves a wide range of clients, including building owners, management companies, developers, contractors, architects, governments, and utility companies. They offer various consulting services such as energy benchmarking, energy audits, financial and technical feasibility analysis, grant and rebate assistance, green building (LEED®) consulting, and training programs for professionals and building managers.
In addition, they provide design and installation services for solar electric and solar thermal systems, heating, cooling, and HVAC systems, lighting systems, as well as construction management and commissioning.
They also offer EnergyScoreCards, a comprehensive service that combines benchmarking, energy management, and measurement and verification (M&V) to help clients effectively monitor and manage their energy usage.
Furthermore, the company provides MoBIUS, a real-time energy management service that focuses on enhancing ongoing operational efficiency for their clients.
- Assessing the viability of energy efficiency enhancement projects from an economic, engineering, or practical standpoint.
- Performing cost-benefit analyses, determining potential investment returns, evaluating plans and system configurations, establishing goals, coordinating resources, defining project scope, and ensuring compliance with applicable Federal, State, or local regulations.
- Conducting energy audits and site evaluations to analyze energy consumption and identify opportunities for energy savings and related enhancements.
- Inspecting and monitoring the primary energy flow within buildings and facilities' energy systems.
- Analyzing utility bills for buildings to ascertain practical energy usage and observe consumption trends.
- Generating reports and technical documents, and presenting findings to property managers, building owners, co-op/condominium boards, and other decision-makers within client buildings.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years of experience in energy engineering and/or auditing.
- Proficiency in ASHRAE level audits, with knowledge of LL 87, 95, and 97.
- Familiarity with control theory, sustainable design, automatic environmental control systems, building automation systems, and other building subsystems.
- Understanding of incentive program rules and regulations, with the ability to assess the most suitable program for a project.
- Knowledge of lifecycle analysis pertaining to facility efficiency and energy conservation projects.
- Experience in inspecting or monitoring energy systems such as HVAC systems to determine energy usage and potential savings.
- Competence in reviewing architectural, mechanical, or electrical plans and specifications to evaluate energy efficiency and determine economic, service, or engineering feasibility.
- Proficiency in performing energy audits, identifying energy-saving opportunities, utilizing tools and technology to compare cost-effective energy options, and providing recommendations for achieving greater energy efficiency.
- Advanced skills in Excel and excellent computer proficiency.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a creative approach.
- Effective oral and written communication abilities to interact with key stakeholders, including property management companies and building management staff. This includes exchanging information, explaining projects, ensuring program understanding, and coordinating compliance efforts.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Capability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Skill in presenting information and responding to inquiries from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.