Our client is a renewable energy platform established in 2020 by global alternative asset manager, through its impact investing arm, which is one of the nation's leading clean energy funds. Our core focus is on the development, construction, and long-term ownership of renewable energy assets.
The company currently manages a portfolio of over 15 GW of renewable energy projects, including those that are operational, under construction, ready to build, and under development, covering a spectrum of renewable energy sources, storage solutions, and green hydrogen across North America, Europe, and Latin America.
The company's parent organization is an $18 billion impact investing platform dedicated to investing in and supporting businesses that make a positive and measurable social and environmental impact on a global scale.
The parent company is a prominent global alternative asset investment firm with a presence in multiple cities worldwide, offering various investment platforms across asset classes, such as private equity, growth equity, impact investing, infrastructure, growth venture, real estate, secondaries, and public equity.
The company is seeking an exceptionally motivated individual to assume a pivotal role in leading and expanding our green molecules development program in the United States, encompassing green hydrogen. This role will report to the VP of US Development and involves spearheading the development of green molecules initiatives in the U.S., including green hydrogen projects. The candidate should possess a comprehensive understanding of the entire green hydrogen project development process and key markets. The position includes responsibilities such as identifying strategic opportunities, building a robust development pipeline, fostering strategic relationships with partners and customers in the green molecules sector, as well as within local communities. It also involves preparing comprehensive development plans, schedules, budgets, and overseeing project execution in alignment with financial targets and timelines. During the development phase, the candidate will collaborate with internal teams and external partners to secure all necessary permits, authorizations, and licenses to advance projects to "Ready to Build" ("RTB") status.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
- Identify promising green molecules development opportunities, including green hydrogen projects.
- Drive the development of green molecules projects while adhering to financial targets and timelines.
- Lead strategic partnerships and customer engagement, manage real estate, environmental and permitting requirements, local community engagement, interconnection, and all other development aspects related to green molecules projects.
- Represent the company at public hearings and community meetings when necessary.
- Provide internal project reporting to support management and investment decisions.
- Collaborate with various departments, including acquisitions, finance, accounting, and engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) teams.
- Identify and oversee relevant third-party advisors and consultants.
- Stay informed about market developments and share relevant information internally.
- Ensure a smooth project handover to the company's EPC team.
- Assist in implementing the company's Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) policies at the local level, in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Ensure the highest level of compliance with anti-corruption practices.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned.
General Skills / Attributes:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field (Master's, such as an MBA, is a plus).
- 8+ years of experience in the renewable energy industry in commercial or technical roles.
- Strong experience in developing various aspects of utility-scale renewable energy projects in the United States.
- Profound understanding of green hydrogen projects and key markets.
- Extensive network of contacts within the renewable energy industry and a growing network within the oil and gas sector in the U.S.
- Exceptional decision-making abilities, especially when dealing with uncertain variables.
- Strong entrepreneurial, executive, analytical, and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent organizational capabilities.
- Effective communication skills.
- The ability to perform at a high level in a matrixed organization, managing multiple projects and relationships concurrently with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a curious mindset.
- Native-level proficiency in English.
- Willingness and ability to travel to our Miami office and throughout the U.S. to engage with stakeholders involved in the company's projects.
$190-220k base plus bonus (negotiable)