We are looking to hire a Director of Transmission and Interconnection to oversee the client’s thriving Renewable Energy portfolio of over 500 MW.
Our client is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. They acquire, develop and operate stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America.
Role & Responsibilities:
- The position will provide the expertise, tools, and analysis required to identify and execute interconnection approaches for greenfield and M&A utility-scale energy storage projects.
- Responsible for advancing interconnection positions through commercial operations through coordination with Project Development and the associated project execution engineering support functions.
- The Director of Transmission and Interconnection will leverage existing relationships with Utilities, Transmission Providers, ISOs/RTOs, and specialist consultants nationally to ensure project interconnection process success.
- Responsible for analyzing and prioritizing interconnection strategies to support greenfield project development and managing utility-scale projects nationwide through the interconnection process.
- Support project acquisition efforts by analyzing interconnection due diligence materials and identifying interconnection risks and mitigations
- Develop forecasts of regional and network changes to transmission and generation characteristics to inform project siting strategies
Skills & Requirements:
- 7-10 yrs of experience in interconnection process management, transmission planning, or power system analysis and a strong knowledge of industry-standard design codes, standards, and regulations.
- 3-5 years of power engineering or interconnection process management is required
- Experience with substation design and transmission-level power system protection and coordination is preferred
- Familiarity with engineering software such as PSS/E, PSLF, PSCAD, and ASPEN
- Strong knowledge of industry-standard design standards and codes such as the National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code, and other industry standards