Our client is a prominent developer, proprietor, and operator of utility-scale energy storage initiatives spanning North America. Pioneering the rapidly expanding battery energy storage market, our projects play a pivotal role in steering the nation's electric grid toward a cleaner and more dependable future. Through our storage endeavors, we furnish major utilities with crucial services, including reliable fast-ramping capacity, energy, and ancillary grid services, alongside support for integrating renewable energy.
As an independently owned entity, the company ranks among the key players in the U.S. energy storage sector, boasting a pipeline exceeding 15 GWh and approximately 1.7 GWh of projects either operational, under construction, or in advanced development under contracts with utilities and other power buyers. Headquartered in California, the company maintains a diverse management team with extensive experience in renewable energy, utility, and independent power sectors.
Each team member significantly contributes to the company's growth and profitability on a daily basis. The company culture thrives on a fast-paced, high-performance, and team-oriented approach. The company prioritizes our employees' quality of life and flexibility, actively supporting them in achieving their career aspirations. Embark on an extraordinary career by applying here today.
The company is in search of a dedicated and analytically inclined financial professional to assume the role of Director, Financial Planning & Analysis. This individual will be responsible for managing all facets of the Company's financial planning and analysis. The Director will play a pivotal role in guiding the organization's budgeting and forecasting initiatives, contributing valuable insights to facilitate well-informed decisions related to energy storage project development, as well as investment and financing endeavors. Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director will be a key figure in steering the financial strategy of the company.
- Spearhead, synchronize, and centralize the budgeting, forecasting, re-forecasting, and reporting procedures across the Company.
- Institute processes to refine cost tracking, fostering increased transparency in expenditures and streamlining reporting mechanisms.
- Collaborate with counterparts in the finance, controller, and IT departments to ensure the precision, alignment, and efficiency of critical budgeting, forecasting, and reporting processes and tools.
- Establish clear goal alignment for teams and direct reports, including conducting robust performance and development discussions.
- Compile comprehensive business reviews and deliver updates to executive management, shareholders, and investors.
- Assess the Finance organization's processes, systems, capabilities, and structure, making pertinent recommendations for optimization.
- Offer insightful guidance and assist commercial leadership in formulating strategic plans to address current and future business needs and opportunities.
- Over a decade of advancing expertise in Financial Planning & Analysis, specializing in budgeting, forecasting, and financial modeling, with a significant emphasis on the renewables energy industry.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
- Possesses a profound understanding of project financing and diverse tax equity structures, deemed crucial for the role.
- Demonstrated experience in a cross-functional setting, collaborating with accounting, financial modeling, development, and construction departments.
- Capable of meeting deadlines, managing multiple priorities, and executing job responsibilities accurately in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a proven ability to influence partners and pivotal business decisions.
- Established track record of leading cross-functional teams and cultivating meaningful relationships.
- Proficient in working with GAAP accounting systems, particularly Sage Intacct and Business Dynamics.
- Technologically adept with a robust working knowledge of MS Office, showcasing expertise in Excel and spreadsheet analysis.
- Initiates tasks independently, characterized by natural curiosity, enthusiasm, a thirst for learning, and adaptability in handling ambiguity.
$160-180k base plus bonus