A global investment and technology development firm that focuses on using advanced computer algorithms to identify and make investments in financial markets, among other activities.
At a high level, the firm uses complex mathematical models and data analysis to try and identify patterns and trends in financial markets that other investors may not have noticed. This allows them to make investments that they believe have a higher probability of success.
In addition to investing, the firm also engages in activities such as private equity, venture capital, and technology development. They use their expertise in advanced computing and data analysis to build software and technology that can be used to solve complex problems in various industries.
Overall, they are a sophisticated and highly successful investment and technology firm that uses advanced algorithms and data analysis to identify investment opportunities and solve complex problems.
They are looking to hire a Development Engineer with a strong focus on electrical work. Ideally, the candidate should possess an electrical P.E. and have experience in designing physical substations (project/utility subs), reviewing drawing sets, and managing EPCs during the design phase. Knowledge pertaining to site and land selection for substations will be considered a distinct advantage. An electrical degree and PE certification is favored.
As a Development Engineer, your duties will entail energy and resource modeling, design, optimization, and review for renewable energy projects, specifically focused on solar and solar plus storage projects. Leveraging an array of tools such as array optimization software, PVsyst, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, GIS, and Excel, you will develop, review, optimize and analyze designs.
Your responsibilities will extend to supporting the mixed engineering and development team, submitting RFPs, applying for permits, drafting designs, and conducting due diligence on prospective distributed generation and M&A project sites. In addition, you'll be tasked with analyzing and designing AC/DC-coupled and battery systems to accompany solar energy installations.
As part of your role, you will design and refine systems based on resource availability, estimated EPC pricing (you will provide quantities to EPC estimator), specified equipment, land costs
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, advanced Excel skills
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or equivalent technical field
- 4+ years of experience in renewable energy project development, design, analysis and construction
- Proficiency with common renewable energy system modeling tools and packages, such as PVSYST, HOMER , SAM, and Helioscope
- Proficiency with common CAD tools such as AutoCAD, Sundat
- Proficiency with utility power systems
- Master's degree in engineering (MS) or business (MBA)
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional or PV Design Specialist certification
- OSHA 10hr or comparable job-site safety certification
- Civil 3D/SketchUp/Skelion mastery