Intelletec Energy is seeking an experienced candidate to join a client who provides asset management & optimization services to owners of generation and energy storage in North America, and wholesale energy to retail power & gas suppliers.
The client's proprietary traders cover competitive power markets including New England, Midwest and Western markets, optimizing customers’ generation assets for over 15 years. With trading operations to include investments and business management in industrial goods, retail, new energy, infrastructure, finance and new technology-related businesses.
- Develop daily offer strategies that optimize daily gross margin and mitigate outage and congestion risks in coordination with external clients
- Daily fuel procurement and OBA account management
- Prepare reports and projections (P&L, MtM, potential collateral, GM, GMaR, etc.)
- Model third-party asset dispatch, value and risk (including impact of risk mitigation)
- Comply with relevant laws, regulations, programs, rules and contracts
- Oversee daily unit commitment process
- Analyze power, congestion, gas and related markets
- Co-optimize a load and generation portfolio
- Experience with Python, SQL, Visual Basic desired
- Understanding of physical and financial electricity, congestion, natural gas, emissions, coal, REC and market design in at least one of the following North American ISOs: PJM, CAISO, NYISO, MISO, SPP, ISO-NE or ERCOT
- Strong focus on compliance with ISO market rules and the rules governing North American physical and financial energy markets
- Two (2) years prior experience managing generation assets or load in one of the North American ISOs
- Proficient in Excel