Our client is a prominent company specializing in competitive power generation and infrastructure in North America. They have ownership or control over an extensive portfolio of power generation assets, amounting to approximately 12,400 megawatts. These assets primarily operate in wholesale U.S. power markets, with a strong presence in Mid-Atlantic, Texas, and Montana.They are actively engaged in the development of renewable energy, battery storage, and digital infrastructure assets. They are committed to meeting North America’s evolving energy needs while contributing to a greener and more sustainable future.
- Review and approve journal entries for various categories, including energy and fuel, fixed assets, asset retirement obligations, inventory (coal, oil, materials), Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, operation and maintenance expenses, prepaids, investment and equity activity, inter-company reconciliations, jointly owned accounting, and monthly accruals.
- Review account reconciliations for assigned general ledger accounts, ensuring accuracy and providing variance analysis.
- Ensure timely completion of generation accounting activities for closing.
- Handle the financed plant structure, including operating reports and financial statements.
- Analyze financial statements and other internal/external financial reports.
- Prepare and review Balance Sheet and Income Statement Flux Analysis.
- Prepare and analyze requested information to support audit requests.
- Assist in the preparation and review of financial statement workpapers.
- Utilize best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services, and approach more complex problems from a new perspective.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP accounting and reporting, FERC, NERC, and OSHA requirements, state and federal rules and laws, and support other internal departments with accounting-related knowledge.
- Enhance understanding and application of legal and regulatory issues, as well as changes in accounting guidance.
- Supervise 2-3 direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or MBA degree with a specialization in Accounting
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience required
- Experience in the energy industry or a related field
- Proficient computer skills, including knowledge of MS Office and integrated accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact with stakeholders, including senior leadership
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary
- Strong problem-solving, judgment, and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct research and apply relevant guidance effectively
$125K - $140K + 15% bonus