About the job
Intelletec Energy is hiring a Vice President of Asset Management position for a utility-scale Solar Developer who is actively growing and expanding their fleet, based in The Greater New York area. The developer has Fifteen years of expertise in Renewable Energy development and investments and has a $250 million partnership which was announced last year to deploy 450 MW of solar and storage projects across the United States.
The Vice President will be responsible for management of all commercial, contractual, regulatory, and reporting obligations for a national portfolio of over 100 C&I solar power plants and the supervision of a team of Asset Managers.
The position requires maintaining an understanding of the underlying project assets and our investment structures (financial, technical, and contractual), including managing operational reviews, compliance, financial reporting, and optimization. The VP of Asset Management will also support the portfolio management leadership in administering complex financing structures, investor reporting, budgeting, and the sale of environmental commodities.
- Monitor and manage performance of a $600M portfolio of solar projects across the US
- Supervise and mentor Junior Asset Managers
- Manage regular debt service, financing compliance, investor communication
- Prepare asset management reports (including operational and financial performance)
- Identify and initiate optimization efforts on operations within the Asset Management department
- Facilitate the onboarding of additional portfolios of solar projects
- Supervise team-members in budget creation and budget monitoring
- Manage relationships with contract counter-parties
- Understand electricity and capital markets for electricity generating assets including incentive programs, tax equity structures, and non-recourse debt
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree / Relevant Master’s degree preferred
- 3+ years work experience in relevant field (ex. real estate or energy industry asset management, transactions, finance, business operations, etc.)
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy through work experience, projects, or coursework
- Ability to manage a team with multiple priorities and assess and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Skilled in building and updating financial models
- Proven analytical and mathematical capabilities