My client is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. They've financed and developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date! As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, they empower entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
Founded in 2008, the company deploys renewable energy infrastructure across the United States, and has been founder-lead throughout its 15 years of operations, and is backed by KKR, one of the largest private equity firms in the world.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Successfully administer EPC contracts to manage contractor budgets, schedules, changes to scope and administrative issues for utility scale projects ranging in size from 20 to 100 MWdc.
- Lead project meetings with EPC partners, perform site visits, and actively manage installation for quality and safety as Owner, to ensure system performance and reliability.
- Develop and evolve internal processes to deliver projects more effectively.
- Report progress on milestones to internal and external counterparties including Finance, Accounting, Engineering, and Asset Management.
- Manage 3rd party contractors/consultants, such as construction managers and engineers, as they work to support delivery efforts.
- Understand how site control, interconnection, permitting, PPA, and incentive issues impact construction risk and execution.
- Understand the PV equipment market for leading module, racking, and inverter equipment types; be able to forecast risks associated with different equipment types and their impact on construction schedules and budgets.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in energy or renewable energy
- Experience either working as an Owner/Owner’s Rep or working with a General Contractor.
- Direct solar experience a plus
- Highly organized and deadline oriented with attention to detail
- Energetic, willing to learn, grow, and work with the team
- Highly proficient in project management tools and software
- Understanding of solar PV equipment, installation, and industry best practices
Remote with 1x/month visits to Washington, D.C. office.