Our client is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by a major bank and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. The company acquires, develops, and operates stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America with offices in LA and Portland.
Looking for a dynamic candidate with great leadership, management, and communication skills; the ability to develop strong relationships with customers to advise on their techno-economic challenges; and someone who enjoys optimizing business operations while taking risks resulting in growth orientation to best serves the Battery Storage industry across the US. As the Senior Vice President of (standalone) Battery Storage Project Development, you will work closely with the Business Development unit to secure new business opportunities and drive assigned development projects. This position reports to the CEO.
- Develop a pipeline of projects for Battery Storage through land acquisition and investment through to permitting to ready to build stage;
- Expand and progress the 1-, 2-, and 5-year vision for the company's strategy, growing a team to successfully develop the portfolio, influencing executive-level stakeholders, and driving your selected strategy through execution;
- Lead and establish relationships with landowners, municipals, project developers, and financial institutions across the US;
- Follow the project from land identification, development, and permitting, through to contract closure. Identify projects risk, recommend solutions, and feedback to executive management;
- Champion the Customer Relationship Management approach and relationships within battery storage. Ensure the company's Key Accounts are well aligned with lease holders and prospective holders; this candidate will have the opportunity to build on their existing relationships and strengthen them;
- Direct solar, wind or storage business activities in North America for 8+ years
- $150-225k base plus bonus (varies depending on relevant experience)
Preference is Portland or work remotely from Southern California (travel up to 25% of time)