Intelletec Energy is partnered with a energy leader that provides asset management and optimization services to owners of generation and energy storage in North America, and wholesale energy to retail power & gas suppliers.
They're widely recognized for their proprietary traders power markets including New England, Midwest and Western markets, optimizing customers’ generation assets for over 15 years. With trading operations to include investments and business management in industrial goods, retail, new energy, infrastructure, finance and new technology-related businesses.
They are rapidly expansion to keep up with the demand and currently seeking a Senior Technology Lead to focus on FTR trading and analyst. They'll work directly with FTR traders and FTR analysts to understand existing platforms, trading models, toolkits and datasets. They'll also define and develop software to support commercial activity across key market drivers.
- Spearhead requirement gathering, designing and development activities to build and enhance models/algorithms, data collectors, pipelines, data storage and reporting solutions for power flow, economic dispatch, and power price simulations.
- Develop cloud-native solutions to promote integration within the IT framework across various North American commodity markets, including energy, capacity, ancillary services and power & gas basis markets in the major ISO regions.
- Manage, troubleshoot and enhance trading models, data collectors and data stores leveraged by FTR trading team across transmission power flows, power generation economic dispatch, automated monitoring, analysis of transmission system constraints and statistical simulation based on historical data.
- The role requires proactive analytical thinking to identify opportunities to enhance trading strategy, systems and drive change by investigating and evaluating new datasets and third-party tools for potential use in new or existing trading algorithms.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quantitative Finance, Engineering, Statistics or equivalent field, with significant coursework or equivalent experience in programming, modeling, simulation and statistical techniques.
- 10+ years of professional programming experience across Power or other Commodities technology teams.
- Proficiency in Python, R, Matlab, C++, .Net, Java or comparable programming environment using modern data structures, analysis, and visualization tools.
- Experience using traditional and cloud-based database systems - Relational SQL and NoSQL, to manage large data sets supporting analytics and regression.
$140-160k + bonus