We've partnered with a global integrated business enterprise that develops and operates businesses across virtually every industry.
Our energy partner provides asset management & optimization services to owners of generation and energy storage in North America, and wholesale energy to retail power & gas suppliers. Proprietary traders cover competitive North American power and natural gas markets. Our client has been optimizing customers’ generation assets for over 15 years!!
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Energy Trading and Analytics
Location: Boston, MA / Houston, TX
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Generates profit in power and natural gas market through proprietary trading and/or asset optimization by taking independent, autonomous action that is supported by research that has been developed by proprietary models and through maintaining industry contacts and knowledge,
- Serves as the company's primary interface to energy markets responsible for providing expert market information, opinions, and pricing for all areas of the company that require this information, and also for providing trade execution for all spot and term trades in the relevant market,
- Assist in managing merchant risk exposure for financial and physical power assets with development and execution of hedging plans with a variety of trading instruments,
- Develops and maintains counter-party and broker relationships required to provide the company with maximum market coverage and market intelligence in the relevant term and market,
- Works closely with Analytics Group, as well as independently, to develop and maintain the fundamental and market research and analysis tools required for effective trading and decision making,
- Maintains up to date knowledge of industry regulations and potential changes that may affect the markets,
- Adheres to all administrative and compliance standards and procedures as directed by Compliance, Risk Management and the Senior Vice President, Energy Trading.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Proven track record of consistent profit generation,
- Extensive spot and term trading experience in North American power (PJM, NYISO, ERCOT, WECC, etc.) and natural gas markets (NYMEX and regional) with forwards, swaps, options in directional and spread (time, basis, HRCO, Spark) products with ability to develop and successfully execute trading strategies,
- Knowledge of the energy markets including but not limited to supply and demand balance, expert knowledge of power transmission and gas pipeline systems, physical power and gas movements, market regulations, and operations,
- Knowledge of trading contracts and contractual obligations, and of derivative financial trading products including swaps, futures, and options,
- Experience with Structured product pricing and deal management.
- Experience with trade capture and risk management systems,
- Proficiency in Excel, Power Point & Other MS Office Applications is required. Practical experience with Python, R, MATLAB, SQL to retrieve, process and model data is a plus.
- 5+ years of work experience in the Energy Industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required in Economics or quantitative hard science.
- Master’s Degree Preferred in Economics or quantitative hard science.
Compensation & Benefits
- $150 - 180K + expected % of the net PnL **
- Highly competitive compensation
- Full medical dental and vision
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick days, personal days and floating holidays
- 401(k) company matching
- Flexible spending account
- Paid long-term disability
- Private room for nursing mothers
- Emergency childcare
- Moving assistance for select new hires
- Training and development program
- Educational Assistance Program for job related technical courses or continuing your education
- Commuter assistance
- 100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Hybrid work model
**Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience, skill, and interview.**