About the job
Hiring a Senior Energy Storage Manager for a client who is a leading Renewable Energy developer, financier, trader and operator; focusing in Solar and Battery Stoarge Assets.
client has invested over $4.7 billion in renewable assets at a combined enterprise value exceeding $19.5 billion, with a power generation capacity of 12.5 GW.This multi-faceted role will require project level technical and commercial expertise, cost projection and estimating skills, cross-department collaboration and communication, and strategic analysis.
Responsibilities of the role:
25% - Energy Storage Strategy
Research and provide storage industry leadership, including:
- Emerging markets due to changes in policy, regulations and local codes
- Advancements in energy storage technology
- Procurement landscape
- Solicit quotes and maintain an internal database of cost data for all hardware, software, installation, and service/warranty aspects of energy storage.
- Communicate the technical impacts of Sol’s energy storage strategy to Sol’s investors and financing counter-parties.
- Maintain relationships with critical suppliers across the storage supply chain. Negotiate supply and service agreements as necessary.
- Build and lead a team of professionals to support bulk energy storage development as business conditions dictate.
30% - Origination support
Assist origination team in:
- Finding and vetting potential C&I solar opportunities for addition of storage
- Providing technical inputs for storage portion of proposals to customers
- Meeting with potential customers as needed and iterating proposal to support business development managers
- Use and improve internal cost estimating tools to develop project-specific cost estimates for all aspects of design, build, and operation of battery storage assets.
- Update cost estimates as needed from pre-award stage to NTP.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with counterparties to support the organization’s utility scale and distributed generation pipeline of projects.
- Support project engineering, development, and finance teams on awarded projects (solar plus storage and standalone storage) ensuring compliance with local codes, iteration of conceptual design, and refining of cost estimates as projects move towards NTP.
30% - Utility and C&I development
10% - Construction
5% - Asset Management and Operations
- Maintain constant communication with the construction, asset management and operations teams to support energy storage integration throughout a project’s lifecycle.
- Solicit and manage external consulting and engineering resources as needed to develop, construct and operate storage assets in a manner that meets timelines and budgets, and mitigates risk in concert with prudent industry standards.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in battery storage and renewables integration.
- Ability to translate commercial requirements into technical execution.
- Open to traveling as required to fulfill role requirements.
- Insightful and perceptive analytical skills to tailor subject matter expertise to the risks, perspective and priorities of various stakeholders.
- Familiarity with solar PV technology a plus.