About the job
Our client is a solar energy project development and financial services company with a national footprint and a diverse customer, investor, and partner base. Our client has financed or developed over $2 billion of solar energy assets to date. As a leading renewable energy developer, financier, trader and operator, the business empowers entrepreneurs to have a meaningful impact on the world with a focus on catalyzing the development and operation of sustainable infrastructure.
- Manage early-, mid- and late-stage projects (all activities required to bring a project to NTP and financial close/sale, including securing sites, perfecting real estate, environmental and local permitting and related site studies, negotiating tax abatements, community engagement, and evaluating and coordinating interconnection activities)
- Manage third-party and internal project development teams to achieve the development activities above.
- Collaborate with the technical, engineering, finance and asset management teams with respect to the development activities above.
- Collaborate across these teams to evaluate project development risks and project valuation assumptions.
- Create and oversee greenfield development strategy within Areas of Interest (AOIs) based on market size and project availability, interconnection, permitting, project pricing, irradiance, basis, and alignment of the company's overall strategy, finance and construction team requirements, objectives and milestones.
- Coordinate with local land agents to secure site control for green-fielding opportunities.
- Identify and structure joint development agreements, development services agreements, and pipeline agreements to support pipeline strategy.
- Maintain CMR toolset to review strategy and report out on activity associated with development efforts.
- Build and enhance processes, work-flow procedures, risk review processes with approved risk tolerance metrics for utility-scale projects in varying stages of development.
- Team oriented with a positive disposition.
- Multiple years of hands-on utility-scale solar project development experience, through the entire development lifecycle of a project (securing sites, perfecting real estate, environmental and local permitting, negotiating tax abatements, and completing all site studies and evaluating and coordinating interconnection activities)
- Proven track record managing such development projects and teams, including managing a team of in-house and third-party SMEs
- Experience managing direct reports.
- Proven track record of green-fielding projects, including identifying and screening Areas of Interest and land option/lease/purchase negotiations.
- A strong network of third-party development experts (including real estate, permitting, environmental and interconnection experts).
- Deep knowledge of development studies, real estate activities, environmental and local permitting, and interconnection and how they drive development
- Results oriented self-starter with strong desire to grow and succeed.
- Four-year college degree.
- GIS experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to summarize complex issues and convey information to enable efficient decision making.
- Comfort working in a high growth environment and can effectively collaborate with multiple disciplines.
- Willing to travel as needed to support development activities.