Our client is a leading international business in sustainable energy committed to reliability, quality, and security. The company’s projects and initiatives support economic vitality and deliver environmental sustainability for future generations. The business has utility-scale wind and solar projects across the US.
As part of the Asset Management - Wind team you will be responsible for:
- Delivering presentations and concepts in a clear and concise manner to senior management and various other internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently managing complex issues and transactions, including the review and challenge of new PPA terms and amendments, landowner issue resolution, and the coordination of high-risk environmental and permitting issues.
- Playing a strong role in litigation activity, the financial analysis of ongoing operations including cost -benefit analysis, and the development of asset bidding strategies.
- Anticipating the impact of changes in market rules and regulations on an ongoing basis and proactively managing risk with appropriate stakeholders.
- Managing communication with counterparties with respect to compliance requirements stated in contracts or proposed contract amendments.
- Ensuring contractual compliance with counterparties with respect to compliance requirements stated in contracts or proposed contract amendments.
- Analyzing revenue impacts and pursuing financial recovery opportunities associated with outages, turbine warranty agreements, and capital improvements.
- 3.5+ years of successful U.S. energy industry experience in any of the following areas or in other similar and applicable areas: Asset Management, Development, Origination, Construction, Operations, Trading, Settlements, Risk, Accounting or Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent project management skills coupled with organization, flexibility, and strong attention to detail.
- Strong ability to review and analyze financial and technical data.
- Ability to foster and participate in a productive team environment by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Self-starter with demonstrated performance leading initiatives and building consensus at all levels of a matrixed global organization.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).