Intelletec Energy is seeking an experienced candidate to join a client who provides asset management & optimization services to owners of generation and energy storage in North America, and wholesale energy to retail power & gas suppliers.
The client's proprietary traders cover power markets including New England, Midwest and Western markets, optimizing customers’ generation assets for over 15 years. With trading operations to include investments and business management in industrial goods, retail, new energy, infrastructure, finance and new technology-related businesses.
- Work closely with FTR traders, FTR analysts and the IT team to understand existing models, tools and data, and then gather and understand requirements for improvements, extensions and new models/algorithms, databases, data collection pipelines, reporting, etc.
- Act as the primary liaison between the FTR trading team and IT staff to prioritize IT development activities; help the IT team understand requirements in detail and properly design, test and implement software for the trading team.
- Collaborate with IT team to ensure appropriate requirements, standards, and integration.
- Models cover all major US ISO FTR markets (PJM, CAISO, NYISO, MISO, SPP, ERCOT).
- Guided by FTR traders, prototype, build and maintain trading data analytical tools, reporting, databases and queries, models and tools for power flow, economic dispatch, and power price simulations.
- Investigate and evaluate new datasets and third-party tools and for potential use in new or existing trading algorithms;
- Support research and innovation through the creative and aggressive experimentation with cutting-edge software, processes, procedures, and methods.
- Support FTR trade capture (in BETM ETRM system), financial and risk analytics, risk limits monitoring, collateral management and risk reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Quant Finance, Engineering, Statistics or equivalent field, with significant coursework or equivalent experience in programming, modeling, simulation and statistical techniques. Masters or Ph. D. degree is desirable but not required.
- Hands-on experience working in power industry and power trading is a big plus; knowledge of US ISO power markets and FTR trading (PJM, CAISO, NYISO, MISO, SPP, ERCOT) strongly preferred.
- Exposure to, and ideally experience with industry-standard power transmission analysis & data platforms (Powerworld and scripting to automate Powerworld tasks, DAYZER, UPLAN, OPF models, YES Energy, Genscape, Panorama/MUSE) highly desired.
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, Visual Basic, C++), algorithms and data structures, particularly for data analysis and modeling . Understanding of build and job scheduling tools (e.g. Jenkins, Azure pipelines).
- Working technical proficiency with relational database systems (e.g. SQL Server, Snowflake).
- Working technical proficiency deploying tools to Window desktop environments as well as cloud environments such as Azure or AWS.