Our client is a rapidly growing, grid-scale energy storage developer, owner and operator backed by a major bank and led by experienced clean energy industry professionals. The company acquires, develops, and operates stand-alone battery storage projects in markets across North America with offices in LA and Portland.
- Support development of energy storage projects from site selection analysis through construction start, coordinating closely with other teams to ensure all issues are vetted and resolved
- Work with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC), Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), Finance, and Origination teams to coordinate efforts and ensure projects achieve overall goals and milestones
- Complete real estate due diligence and manage outside consultants and counsel in support of land transactions
- Prepare permit applications and work closely with consultants and government staff to secure land use entitlements and permits
- Develop, track, and forecast project budgets and schedules
- 3+ years of prior work experience in land development, land use, and/or environmental planning. Energy experience is preferred.
- A previous or existing focus on renewables development through an awareness of permitting, interconnection, real estate, commercial, regulatory, and site design issues related to solar energy and battery storage development is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus
- Knowledge of the power sector and renewable energy preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well on teams
- Project management and experience working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong work ethic, integrity, humility, and desire to learn
- $100-150k base plus bonus (varies depending on relevant experience)
Work remotely from Southern California or willing to travel on regular basis (up to 25%) to CA.