A global investment and technology development firm that focuses on using advanced computer algorithms to identify and make investments in financial markets, among other activities.
At a high level, the firm uses complex mathematical models and data analysis to try and identify patterns and trends in financial markets that other investors may not have noticed. This allows them to make investments that they believe have a higher probability of success.
In addition to investing, the firm also engages in activities such as private equity, venture capital, and technology development. They use their expertise in advanced computing and data analysis to build software and technology that can be used to solve complex problems in various industries.
Overall, they are a sophisticated and highly successful investment and technology firm that uses advanced algorithms and data analysis to identify investment opportunities and solve complex problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- In this role, you’ll manage third-party construction activities in collaboration with in-house and third-party technical and field support teams.
- You’ll monitor project schedules, tracking progress to ensure compliance with project commitments and contracts (PPA, GIA, Financing, Permit, Tax, etc.).
- You’ll balance and prioritize competing and shifting priorities, delegating effectively to internal and external resources, as well as communicating and resolving technical, legal, commercial, and other matters as they arise.
- You’ll also oversee outside consultants, such as environmental, civil engineering, and electrical engineering firms, as necessary.
- You will interact with and manage external stakeholders including landowners, permitting authorities, and interconnection and offtake utilities.
- You’ll also lead ongoing coordination and alignment among internal stakeholders, including project finance, accounting,procurement, engineering, asset management, and O&M (Operations and Maintenance).
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, math, science, or a related technical field is required.
- A master’s degree in any of these fields is a plus, as is an impressive background of academic and professional achievement.
- At least three to five years of progressive project management experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with (or interest in) contract management, specifically PPA, GIA, EPC, and equipment supply, amongst others, is required.
- A demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplined teams of engineers and outside consultants, as well as experience in the development and execution of complex project schedules, is required.
- Candidates with proven experience in the power industry or renewable energy industry, along with specific experience in solar project development, construction, or asset management, will thrive in this role.
- Deep knowledge of renewable energy technologies, industry regulations, and best practices is essential.
- Applicants should have excellent solution-seeking, teamwork, leadership, and communication skills, as well as exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, and impressive organizational and project management abilities.
- Travel for site visits, in addition to meetings with construction team and project stakeholders,will be required at least once per month.