Our client is leading investment firm focused on climate-positive initiatives, they actively collaborate with clients to deploy tangible assets that drive the energy transition. They have a substantial portfolio of over $9 billion in managed assets, their vision is rooted in the belief that every investment plays a crucial role in shaping a more sustainable climate future.
- Join a leading company in Annapolis, MD, specializing in renewable financing.
- Collaborate with the Investment Group and Grid Connected Land investment team.
- Build and manage the company's Grid Connected Land investment portfolio.
- Focus on utility scale wind, solar, and storage projects.
- Lead transaction structuring, negotiation, and execution.
- Participate in business development and origination activities.
- Prepare and review internal transaction materials.
- Identify primary transaction risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead the execution team responsible for transaction documents, models, and due diligence.
- Lead or support transaction structuring and negotiation.
- Prepare internal transaction materials.
- Identify strategic rationale, economic terms, and risks of investments.
- Oversee execution teams and due diligence.
Capital Markets Activities:
- Lead financing processes for project finance transactions.
- Assist in negotiation and facilitate investor due diligence.
- Handle corporate due diligence requirements.
Portfolio Management Activities:
- Provide investment expertise for commercial decision making.
- Collaborate with Portfolio Management and risk management teams.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year institution; CFA and/or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience in sustainable energy sectors.
- Experience in real estate investing, tax equity partnerships, project finance, and structured debt or equity finance.
- Track record of executing multiple complex transactions in utility scale wind, solar, and battery projects.
- Proficiency in structuring and negotiating transactions involving structured debt and equity investments.
- Demonstrable experience with origination of structured finance transactions.
- Proven history of structured finance investing.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Relevant industry experience in energy, banking, tax equity/equity investing, real estate, consulting, or energy/utilities sector.
- Familiarity with energy project finance transactions and documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Excellent client and vendor management skills.
- Self-motivated, independent worker, and supportive team member.