Our client is a leading climate positive investment firm. You will work with a leading climate positive public company that actively partners with clients to deploy real assets that facilitate the energy transition. With ~$10B in managed assets, our vision is that every investment improves our climate future.
Our client is currently seeking a Manager/Director with renewable financing experience to join our team in Annapolis, MD. This individual will work in the Investment Group with the Grid Connected Land investment team in building and managing.
Experience in utility scale wind, solar and storage project investments is a must. The core responsibilities of the role will include leading transaction structuring, negotiation, and execution, participation in business development and origination activities, preparation and review of internal transaction materials, identifying primary transaction risks and mitigation plans, and leading execution team responsible for all aspects of transaction documents, models, and due diligence.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution; CFA and/or MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in finance in the sustainable energy sectors, ideally including real estate investing, tax equity partnerships, project finance and structured debt or equity finance.
- Strong track record that demonstrates ability to execute multiple complex transactions through the full deal cycle in utility scale wind, solar and battery projects
- Experience in structuring and negotiating transactions involving structured debt and equity investments, including real estate assets.
- Demonstrable experience with origination of structured finance transactions with top tier clients.
- Relevant industry experience in energy, banking, tax equity/equity investing, real estate, consulting, or the energy/utilities sector.
- Lead or support initial transaction structuring and ongoing negotiation of term sheets and transaction documents, including integration of transaction risk/return profile with Company performance metrics and finance plan. Work with the Investments Group to provide seamless execution for clients.
- Support business development efforts and actively participate in transaction origination through client meetings, conferences, and trade associations. Assist in the development of origination strategies. Prepare and review internal transaction materials, identifying strategic rationale for the investment, primary economic and governance terms, and material risks and mitigants.
- Oversight of execution teams responsible for all aspects of transaction documentation, models, and due diligence
- As needed, lead financing processes for investment level project finance transactions, including assisting in negotiation of documents, facilitating investor due diligence processes, and ownership of financing models.
- Liaise for corporate due diligence requirements related to underlying project and portfolio investments.
- Work closely with the members of the Portfolio Management and risk management teams to provide specific investment expertise to assist in commercial decision making relating to portfolio assets.