We are working with a well-established Utility / Energy business that is continuing to grow its Finance team. Our client owns and operates a significant portfolio across the US/North America market & is a globally established business
This individual will lead the LNG, Power, and Development accounting teams and reports directly to the Controller. This is a critical role for the business as they are also the responsible for connecting the accounting team with other departments to collectively achieve the goals of the Company.
Some information on the role:
- The primary responsibilities in this role are to oversee accounting activities, provide technical guidance on physical/financial commodity transactions & develop the accounting infrastructure to accommodate the business' rapid expansion
- In this role you have the opportunity to perform and direct technical accounting (research & oversight) on the firm's most complex & business-critical transactions - this includes acquisitions, purchase/sale & restructurings.
- You will also work globally and be responsible for the business' financial reporting workflow - working with teams in the US & Asia
- Complete, in a timely manner, reports filed with external counterparties
Who we are looking for:
- 5 years minimum of financial accounting experience - including financial operations & financial reporting experience
- The ideal candidate has a background in energy, implements best-class-processes, adopts technology to facilitate change, and possesses the necessary technical skills to account for complex transactions and coach staff.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to work through dynamic & complex accounting situations
- Prior knowledge of US reporting requirements is essential
If you are interested to hear more about this role or know someone that would be, please reach out to email@example.com with a copy of your Resume