We are working with a well-established Renewable Energy business that is looking to grow its Finance team. Our client owns and operates a significant & diverse business across the supply-chain of Renewable Energy and is looking to bring on board a Financial Controller to oversee the business.
Your responsibilities will include coordinating with the Finance and Operations team to ensure smooth monthly, quarterly, and annual closes for the firm's funds, projects and entities. In this role you will have the opportunity to work in a well-developed company who are about to go through an exciting growth phase. This role is based in Bakersfield, California
Some info on the role:
- Drive process improvements and close-timeline enhancements, oversee the financial statement process for audits covering corporate, project, and investment finances
- Have integral involvement with core accounting operations, including consolidations & public accounting
- You’ll be a key person for managing ad hoc requests from various stakeholders within the firm. Ranging from deal teams, asset managers to FP&A
- 5 years+ of financial operations experience. Ideally in the energy, real estate, or financial services sectors, is required.
- Prior experience at an accounting firm (or public accounting experience) is preferred but not required.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage ambiguity and complex situations, and proactively execute projects and/or special initiatives to completion are essential.
- Proven analytical abilities, well-developed communication and organizational skills, and keen attention to detail are vital.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams located in different time zones and jurisdictions is of great importance.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification is required.
If you are interested in discussing the role please apply, or send a copy of your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org