Client has almost 20 years of leading renewable energy development, with over 1.3 GW of wind, solar, and energy storage facilities in operation. Privately funded by a private-equity firm which raised over $13 billion in Energy Sub-sectors, with Acquisition of over $25 billion of Developed assets in total. With a global presence, investments include infrastructure companies in the UK, Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
This position requires an individual who is dependable, hardworking, and self-motivated in order efficiently and successfully assist ongoing and new regulatory environmental compliance programs related to photovoltaic (PV) solar, battery energy storage systems (BESS) and wind energy facilities. This individual is expected to provide comprehensive internal compliance inspections and regulatory support services to the Operations teams, while ensuring all regulatory tasks are completed on time and properly documented.
The individual shall be able to understand and interpret federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations and conditions of operating permits issued for equipment and facilities. The individual will also provide easy-to-understand compliance guidance to the Operations team as it applies to the associated facilities.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Support implementation of company-wide environmental compliance programs with a focus in air pollution control, hazardous materials management, hazardous and universal waste management, water quality and stormwater management, and spill prevention
- Review and summarize facility and equipment operating permits and associated permit conditions
- Compile data collection and prepare and review associated/required compliance submissions and reports for regulatory agencies
- Develop and deliver training on environmental topics to company employees
- Maintain training programs and provide employee training on company standards and protocols compliant with regulations
- Support compliance programs by performing regular compliance reviews and field inspections/audits
- Identify potential compliance concerns; develop and implement corrective actions for effective solutions
- Maintain compliance records and regulatory files in sync with established electronic and paper copy recordkeeping organization and structure
- Prepare environmental permit applications and compliance plans
- Professional experience in an Environmental Compliance role, and must be recent and relevant to this environmental position (required)
Under the direction of the Environmental Compliance Supervisor, this position will assist the Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) and Operations teams to provide quality support to compliance programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mojave/field-based position. Position lends itself to flexible scheduling for hybrid field work and working from home.
- Ability to conduct field work in challenging terrain and/or during inclement weather, often independently
- Must be able to work in a variety of environmental conditions
- Compensation: Base $65,000-100,000+ per year.