Our Client is a leading investment firm dedicated to advancing climate-positive initiatives. They collaborate with clients to deploy tangible assets that facilitate the transition to sustainable energy. With a substantial portfolio exceeding $9 billion in managed assets, they aim to ensure each investment contributes to a better climate future.
The Company is seeking an accomplished Senior Director / Director with expertise in energy financing to join their dynamic team. In this role, the selected candidate will play a vital part in the Investment Group, focusing on developing and managing the Company's investment portfolio. Primarily targeting clean fuel projects, with a particular emphasis on Renewable Natural Gas, the incumbent will be responsible for various vital functions. These include the development and implementation of business strategies at the sector level, transaction structuring and negotiation, leading business development initiatives, including client targeting and acquisition, reviewing internal transaction materials, identifying and mitigating primary transaction risks, and overseeing a high-performing execution team responsible for transaction documents, models, and due diligence.
EDUCATION AND PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution; CFA and/or MBA preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in finance in the sustainable energy sectors, ideally including tax equity partnerships, project finance and structured debt or equity finance.
- Strong track record that demonstrates ability to develop and align views within an organization to engage in new structures or segments successfully.
- Strong track record demonstrating ability to execute multiple complex transactions through the full deal cycle in energy projects.
- Experience in structuring and negotiating transactions involving structured debt and equity investments
- Demonstrable experience with origination of structured finance transactions with top tier clients.
- Lead Clean Fuels business plan/strategy development and execution in collaboration with portfolio management, risk management and broader finance and investment team.
- Lead pipeline development and client acquisition targets focused on the potential for programmatic relationships and achieving sector objectives.
- Lead or support initial transaction structuring and ongoing negotiation of term sheets and documents, including integration of transaction risk/return profile with Company performance metrics and finance plan.
- Work with the Investments Group to provide seamless execution for clients.
- Lead business development efforts and actively participate in transaction origination through client meetings, conferences, and trade associations.
- Lead the development of origination strategies.
- Prepare and review internal transaction materials, identifying the strategic rationale for the investment, primarily economic and governance terms, and material risks and mitigants.
- Build execution teams responsible for all aspects of transaction documentation, models, and due diligence.
Capital Markets Activities
- As needed, lead financing processes for investment-level project finance transactions, including assisting in negotiating documents, facilitating investor due diligence processes, and ownership of financing model.
- Liaise for corporate due diligence requirements related to underlying project and portfolio investments.
Portfolio Management Activities
- Work closely with the Portfolio Management and risk management team members to provide specific investment expertise to assist in commercial decision-making relating to portfolio assets.
SPECIFIC RECOMMENDED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven track record of structured finance investing
- High ownership and accountability for making things happen.
- Strong attention to detail
- Relevant industry experience in energy, banking, tax equity/equity investing, consulting or the energy/utilities sector
- Familiarity with energy project finance transactions and documentation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with clients and vendors at various organizational levels.
- Ability to work consistently and competently in a remote environment and to travel as required.
- $180 - 215k + 20-40% bonuses + relocation package
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability+ Life Insurance
- 401K - A tax-deferred retirement plan with immediate vesting and company match
- PTO + Parental Leave
- Relocation Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Sailing Club
- Book Club
- Midweek Meditation
- Lunch & Leans
- Data & Analytics Club
No visas or sponsorships.