Director of Transmission and Interconnection with a leading energy storage company dedicated to providing sustainable solutions for a more resilient grid.
Their innovative energy storage systems help businesses and communities to reduce their carbon footprint and optimize their energy use. Currently backed by one of the largest global investment funds and expanding their technical teams.
The role entails analyzing and prioritizing interconnection strategies to support the development of greenfield projects. It also involves managing their utility-scale projects through the interconnection process across the country.
- 7-10 years of expertise in power system analysis, transmission planning or interconnection process management.
- Strong knowledge of industry codes, standards and regulations required.
- Perform and manage power flow and stability analyses to determine optimal interconnection locations
- Lead interconnection process for utility-scale storage projects
- Negotiate technical and commercial aspects with utilities, while maintaining relationships with interconnecting utilities
- Obtain and interpret transmission planning models from various Utility, Transmission Providers, ISOs/RTOs, and FERC.
- Familiarity with ERCOT's Resource Asset Registration Forms (RARF) submittals/processes.
- Experience with interconnection requirements and criteria for PJM, ERCOT, CAISO, NYISO, SPP, and WECC.
- Experience with substation design and transmission-level power system protection and coordination.
- Experience in interconnection tariff structures, transmission planning standards and the FERC interconnection process.
- Familiarity with engineering software such as PSS/E, PSLF, PSCAD, and ASPEN