Our Client is a national trade association representing the world’s leading chemical and plastics manufacturers, with an opportunity for a Director for its Plastics division located in Washington, D.C. You will join a company which represents its members on public policy issues; coordinates the industry’s research and testing programs,, the industry’s environment, health, safety and security performance improvement initiative.
The position supports federal plastics policy development and coordinates federal advocacy work streams within the Plastics division by working closely with the client’s federal lobbying team. The position is responsible for advancing a proactive policy and advocacy agenda that benefits an integrated plastics value chain.
The position is further responsible for leading the planning and execution of key initiatives with internal and external stakeholders, engaging regularly with company government and public affairs representatives and supporting applicable subject matter experts. The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Plastics Sustainability.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in government, public policy, political science, or related fieldAt
- At least eight years of issue advocacy, public policy, public affairs, grassroots, or related experience.
- Familiarity with federal legislative and regulatory processes, the ability to engage and influence legislatures and internal customers
- Strong organizational skills, creative, out-of-the box thinking, a collaborative approach and an ability to both lead and be part of a team, as appropriate, are a must.
- Industry trade association experience, relevant advanced degree or certifications and prior experience in environmental and sustainability policy are preferred.