The business is a start-up that develops and sells off large-scale battery storage projects. My client is looking to bring on a Director of Project Development to support their existing PJM, Pacific Northwest, MISO, SPP, Southeast, and Southwest portfolio of large-scale battery storage projects. If you have 7+ years of experience developing large-scale renewables projects this opportunity is for you.
As a Director of Project Development, you will be leading Development to support their growing portfolio of assets across all territories. You will have an extensive background in developing renewables projects and experience moving projects through the entire development lifecycle. You will be overseeing one more junior project developer. This opportunity can be remote but the business has offices in Houston.
Your responsibilities may include:
· Develop a pipeline of battery storage project assets within their portfolio to support the development goals and strategy.
· A previous or existing focus on renewables development through an awareness of permitting, interconnection, real estate, commercial, regulatory, and site design issues related to solar energy and battery storage development is required.
· Communicate effectively with vendors, project partners and other stakeholders.
· Prioritize work to meet project deadlines, budgets and goals
· Professionally represent the organization to various parties including landowners, vendors, local officials and other stakeholders
You will have:
· Bachelor’s Degree, or further studies required
· Minimum 7+ years’ experience developing community-scale renewable energy projects, preferably solar
· Development experience across various ISOs strongly preferred
· Track record of mentoring, developing and training junior team members
· Experience of managing projects through the entire project development lifecycle
$180,000-$200,000 base plus bonus