My client is continuing to rapidly grow their Renewables team and are looking for a Director of Project Development to come onboard and lead a small team of developers for an owner and operator of renewables assets. The business has contracted more than 200MW of capacity among a portfolio of over 30 renewable energy projects in battery storage.
As a Director of Project Development you will:
- Be tasked with identifying, managing, and executing on early and late-stage renewable projects to mitigate risks to development, financing, construction, and long-term management. This can include identifying opportunities for new projects or investments in attractive markets for renewable energy, negotiating with real estate counterparties, and navigating technical interconnection and permitting issues
- Work with a team of other developers in a dynamic and agile organization
- Day-to-day activities will include researching and communicating with counterparties (such as landowners, local and state permitting authorities, electric utility companies, banks, and others) to effectively translate complex pieces of information into clear financial models while keeping projects on schedule and on budget
- Someone with an undergraduate degree, an impressive background of academic and professional achievement, 10 years of renewable energy development experience
- Intellectually curious individuals with exceptional written and verbal communication skills, analytical horsepower, and excellent organizational skills.
- Leadership experience
- A previous or existing focus on renewables development through an awareness of permitting, interconnection, real estate, commercial, regulatory, and site design issues related to solar energy and battery storage development is required
- Previous experience in energy development and/or renewables development experience is required. Those who are willing to take on external-facing processes and who apply creativity and strategic thinking to project development will excel in this role