Intelletec has partnered with a utility-scale developer, owner and operator of energy storage projects, to bring on a Director of Procurement to join their growing team. The successful candidate will have at least five years of relevant procurement, strategic sourcing, and supply chain management experience, preferably in the renewable energy or energy storage field.
• Analyze supply chain market conditions and trends, including changes in government/regulatory policies, and assess the impact on future equipment supply needs and provide strategy recommendations to Company leadership.
• Analyze upstream suppliers, contractors, and industries and make recommendations to leadership on opportunities and risks in value chain.
• Prepare and manage Request for Proposal packages, and evaluate equipment supply bids and EPC service contracts to support award decisions.
• Support negotiation and documentation of procurement agreements for energy storage equipment and ancillary equipment, including supply and warranty agreements.
• Support procurement and supply chain development in new markets in line with the Company’s compliance, safety, and regulatory requirements, including qualifying and auditing suppliers in collaboration with EH&S and legal teams.
• Develop equipment pricing forecasts, and own procurement inputs into financial models and internal communications to key stakeholders including development, construction, and finance teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, supply chain management, or related discipline.
• 5+ years of experience in procurement, strategic sourcing, supply chain management, or a related field. Experience in renewable energy (battery storage) is required
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, leadership, time management, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong understanding of EPC contracts and good contract negotiation skills and experience.