Director of Market Operations & Strategy with a leading energy storage company dedicated to providing sustainable solutions for a more resilient grid.
Their innovative energy storage systems help businesses and communities to reduce their carbon footprint and optimize their energy use. Currently backed by one of the largest global investment funds and expanding their technical teams.
This role involves overseeing the development, coordination, implementation, and analysis of bidding strategies for energy storage projects within the CAISO region. You will collaborate closely with internal teams and external service providers to enhance dispatch activities in Real-Time and Day-Ahead markets.
- Lead bidding strategy development, coordination, implementation, and analysis for CAISO assets.
- Oversee bidding and dispatch activities in real-time and day-ahead markets and provide active commercial oversight of third-party services engaged for schedule coordination and dispatch optimization support.
- Update key assumptions in simulation and optimization models for forecast and operational data changes.
- Collaborate with Market Analytics to inform the optimal utilization of energy storage, including performing look-back analyses to enhance planning processes and bidding strategies.
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience trading physical and financial positions in CAISO, including at least 3 years of experience dispatching and trading thermal or battery storage generation.
- Specialized experience in battery storage dispatch optimization, nodal trading with CRRs and Day-ahead/Real-Time Virtuals, origination, structuring, market analytics, and fundamentals.
- Strong understanding of electricity market design, federal and state regulatory rules and issues, tariff structures, renewable energy, renewable incentives, and their impact on price formation and revenue streams.