Intelletec has partnered with a leading storage developer that is part of the BlackRock portfolio of companies, the company is a national leader in energy storage deployment. They are looking for a Director of Finance to take a lead role in capital transactions and manage the financial planning and analysis process. This person will be responsible for driving key strategic and investment decision-making.
- You will play a leadership role in the Finance team, running deals, assessing priorities, and mentoring junior colleagues
- Conduct modeling and sensitivity analysis to assess impacts and risks connected to the development and operation of energy storage projects, debt financing, tax equity investment, and offtake contracts with wholesale energy market counterparties.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize financial data for management and investors.
- Build financial models from templates and from scratch, run scenario analysis, and provide data analytics to evaluate development projects and energy contracts and identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Support Capital Markets Lead, CFO, and other management in regular budgeting and forecasting processes
- Review financial information prepared Daily, Weekly, and Monthly by Asset Management, Risk Management, and Accounting teams.
- Maintain Quarterly and Annual forecasts and provide analysis including but not limited to, key metrics, financial results, and variance reporting
- Drive continual improvement and streamline processes using standardization and automation to scale the business
- 10+ years of experience working in finance and/or accounting within the renewable/energy markets
- Degree(s) in business, finance, economics, or a relevant field
- Experience leading structured debt, equity, and tax equity transactions
- Experience performing complex quantitative analysis
- Experience modeling energy development project cash flows and performance on both a levered and unlevered basis
- Experience in wholesale energy markets and with offtake or hedge structures
- Experience with energy storage projects and technologies
- Familiarity with effective data visualization
- Competitive base & bonus plus benefits
Hybrid remote role based in Austin, TX, or Chicago, IL