Our client is an FL-based renewable energy business that develops, constructs, operates, and maintains energy generation and storage solutions that increase energy independence, achieve sustainability goals, manage/reduce demand charges and improve electric operations reliability.
- Seeking a Director of Engineering to lead development engineering efforts for distributed generation and utility-scale photovoltaic systems, BESS systems and possibly thermal systems, depending on experience.
- Serve as point of contact within the company on all technical and design matters for energy development projects.
- Lead technical efforts for energy project proposals.
- Utilize industry contacts to acquire OEM pricing and lead EPC bid processes.
- Create conceptual design layouts for PV power plants utilizing AutoCAD Map3D, PVdesign, and other design software.
- Access and integrate information from GIS databases to evaluate viability of project locations.
- Lead technical due diligence efforts on mid- to late-stage acquisitions.
- Facilitate the creation of energy models utilizing PVSYST and Plant Predict software.
- Lead early-stage construction estimates by coordinating with procurement staff.
- Lead the development team’s utility interconnection applications by providing oversight and technical guidance and managing 3rd party engineering support.
- Lead all conceptual engineering and technical deliverables as required by the project scope.
- Maintain current knowledge of emerging solar, BESS technologies including pricing, and prevailing commercial information (delivery, major terms, etc.).
- Participate in industry conferences and publications to further the business's presence in the energy market, including the development of white papers and presentations at conferences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering from an accredited program is required.
- Electrical engineer background with solar development design experience
- Professional Engineering designation is preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, managers, and clients.
- Previous energy project development engineering experience is required.
- Experience leading engineering efforts on utility-scale greenfield energy development projects, either renewable or thermal, is required.
- Successful in managing EPC bid processes utilizing existing relationships with industry-leading firms.
- Expertise with electrical interconnection management.
- Travel as required, approximately 25% of time
Role preferably based in FL or can be remote
$150-180k base plus bonus