Our client is a prominent force in the renewable energy sector that was established by a global alternative asset manager via its highly successful impact investing initiative back in 2020. With its headquarters in Madrid, they specialize in the development, construction, and long-term ownership of renewable energy assets.
Their current portfolio boasts an impressive 9.3 GW of renewable energy projects and storage, covering various stages from operational to development, and stretching across North America, Europe, and Latin America.
The sponsoring company is globally recognized with a staggering $16 billion impact investing initiative that concentrates on investing in and nurturing world-class businesses that wield a positive and quantifiable impact driven globally. It operates from several international locations spanning continents and diverse asset classes.
Our client is seeking a Project Senior Associate, a key role that involves managing U.S. renewable energy Project Development, specifically concerning wind, solar, and battery storage. Responsibilities include guiding key market and portfolio development, using experience to recognize opportunities and risks, assessing project quality.
A successful candidate should confidently represent our client's interests with local teams and stakeholders, even amid opposition. Additionally, strong U.S. industry connections and extensive familiarity with renewable energy project development are essential requirements.
This role also involves collaborating with internal and external teams to ensure projects have all the necessary permits, authorizations, and licenses to achieve "Ready to Build" status promptly. A key part of the role involves managing the timing between project readiness and power purchase agreements.
Ability to travel to our Miami headquarters and throughout the U.S. to meet stakeholders
- Lead development of Battery Storage projects including interfacing with local authorities, landowners & local communities, developers, offtakers, and transmission authorities.
- Deep experience working with all stakeholders involved in a project
- Proven track record and aptitude for analytic, financial and research work including facility with financial models and all aspects of development due diligence around a project
- Ensure successful tracking of development status of projects in its pipeline, liaising with developers to help to deliver projects to RTB on time.
- Project scheduling management through activities definition, sequencing, resources, and duration estimation
- Management of relationships with landlords and tenants and knowledge of real estate management and practices in various parts of the U.S.
- Management of community and public relations in respect of the Project
- Smooth handover of development activities operations department
- Help to implement ESG Company policy at local level in compliance with modern standards, regulations, and best industry practice. Flag any ESG issues as soon as possible, gather information related to them and where instructed interact with stakeholders if appropriate
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field; MBA or MS preferred.
- 4+ years of energy industry experience in a project development, project administration, project management, asset management, transmission planning and management, contract administration, deal execution, project finance and other commercial roles
- Experience developing projects in ERCOT is preferred
- Full understanding of the development, construction, and operational processes for solar projects in various regions of the U.S.
- Comfortable attending lobbying events both at the national and local level, in both political and civil service spheres
- Good industry contacts with large generators, developers, transmission providers and offtakers
- Strong decision-making skills in light of uncertainty
- An ability to perform at a high level in a matrixed organization, working in interdepartmental teams to achieve objectives and manage multiple projects and development relationships simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel to our Miami headquarters and throughout the U.S. to meet stakeholders