A global investment and technology development firm that focuses on using advanced computer algorithms to identify and make investments in financial markets, among other activities.
At a high level, the firm uses complex mathematical models and data analysis to try and identify patterns and trends in financial markets that other investors may not have noticed. This allows them to make investments that they believe have a higher probability of success.
In addition to investing, the firm also engages in activities such as private equity, venture capital, and technology development. They use their expertise in advanced computing and data analysis to build software and technology that can be used to solve complex problems in various industries.
Overall, they are a sophisticated and highly successful investment and technology firm that uses advanced algorithms and data analysis to identify investment opportunities and solve complex problems.
This role will provide the opportunity to gain a macro view of their broader financial activities and learn about complex legal entity structures and transactions. It also affords substantial interaction with other departments and business areas, including Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), Legal & Compliance, deal teams, developers, and asset managers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
- Work on a wide variety of corporate finance initiatives, with a heavy focus on managing our five Corporate Debt Facilities, Treasury, and Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- When managing the debt facilities, work on periodic updates to the financing models and supporting workpapers, including high-profile initiatives in addition to typical compliance, and coordinate with internal stakeholders as well as external parties such as bankers, independent engineers, and consultants
- Coordinate and administer various cash payments and receipts on our 65-plus solar and wind projects, and financing and corporate entities, while ensuring adequacy of funds at all times
- Work with stakeholders including bankers, investors, senior management, asset managers, and accounting to ensure that the cash side of the business is functioning efficiently, and continuously develop and implement process improvements
- Prepare periodic reports for the financing parties and senior management
- Forecast our short-term and long-term cash position at both the corporate and project levels, track overall deal flow, plan for upcoming significant fundings, identify and alleviate liquidity and covenant compliance concerns, and optimize distributions
- Use various existing forecasting and budgeting tools in this process while striving to build them out further and implement new ones to streamline, consolidate, and broaden our forecasting capabilities
- Depending on individual abilities and the business’s needs, be involved in other areas of corporate finance, including financing transaction execution and implementation, valuations, and modeling.
WHO THEY’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidates should have 4+ years of financial experience, preferably in the energy, real estate, or financial services sectors.
- Experience in treasury and/or financial planning and analysis is required!
- Proven analytical abilities, well-developed communication and organizational skills, and keen attention to detail are vital to this role.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams located in different time zones and jurisdictions is of great importance.
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar certification and renewable energy experience are beneficial but not required.
- Annual Base Salary : $120,000 to $165,000.
- Their compensation and benefits package includes variable compensation in the form of a year-end bonus, guaranteed in the first year of hire, a relocation bonus, and benefits including medical and prescription drug coverage, 401k contribution matching, wellness reimbursement, family building benefits, and a charitable gift match program
Location: Denver, CO - Hybrid 3 days in office
*** Must be located in or relocate to Denver,CO - relocation assistance available ***