Compliance Analyst- Corporate Programs
We are seeking a self-driven candidate for a Compliance Analyst position with a commitment to sustainable operations. The successful candidate will demonstrate experience in corporate compliance, familiarity with ESG reporting, and strong communication skills at all organization levels.
Client has almost 20 years of leading renewable energy development, with over 1.3 GW of wind, solar, and energy storage facilities in operation. Privately funded by a private-equity firm which raised over $13 billion in Energy Sub-sectors, with Acquisition of over $25 billion of Developed assets in total. With a global presence, investments include infrastructure companies in the UK, Europe, North America, Australia and New Zealand.
Our Client's corporate programs provide assurances of responsible sourcing and operations. This person will develop, implement, provide oversight, and reporting of Our Client's corporate programs, including the anti-human slavery, employee code of ethics, supplier code of conduct, and anonymous ethics application. The person develops and manages procedures and deploys these programs through arranging training and monitors effective implementation. This position requires communication and interaction with all levels of the organization. The position will work closely with all business functions; particularly Asset Management, Procurement, Operations, and HSE.
Job duties also include maintaining ESG analysis, compiling ESG reports, coordinating responses to external stakeholders, as well as quantifying scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas emissions companywide and supporting other compliance efforts as assigned.
This is a remote-based role with a preference for a Southern California-based person.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and manage corporate sustainability programs and ESG reporting.
- Responsible Sourcing - identify appropriate certification and auditing protocols to ensure that the supply base meets expectations and requirements in the areas of Supplier Code of Conduct, Human Rights/Labor, Safety/Health, Environment, Business Ethics.
- Modern Day Slavery - develop and manage procedures to enable certifications.
- Supplier Code of Conduct – implement a new program across the supplier base, maintain certifications, and participate in audits.
- Company’s FERC Compliance – support monitoring and tracking of duty to report policy responses and training.
- Compile reports and maintain certifications and records to ensure that the supply base meets expectations and requirements in the areas of Human Rights/Labor, Safety/Health, Environment, Business Ethics.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for corporate sustainability programs and participate in meetings as requested.
- Provide communications and arrange training for team members with respect to applicable statutes, policies, and procedures, and best practices.
- Reviews programs and monitoring tools to ensure the implemented procedures are in place, adequate, and working.
- Participate and/or support internal audits and 3rd party company pre-qualification and due diligence audits.
- Develop and manage procedures to collect and maintain ESG-related data and information. Analyze, and interpret relevant data to compile reports (i.e., GHG emissions, ESG, and sustainability data).
- Respond to stakeholder requests for ESG data or information.
- Track company activities and projects that support/enhance company sustainability efforts.
- Identifies trends and changes in the global sustainability area and communicates to the business as applicable.
- Support and assist with record retention of related documents and certifications, and other special projects as assigned.
- May travel occasionally overnight.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with 1-2 years’ experience in the corporate sustainability area, preferably in a power generation environment.
- At least 1-2 years of compliance experience, preferably in energy, global environment, manufacturing, or industrial organization.
- Highly professional and ethical team player who will always uphold the organization’s values and safety culture.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite, intermediate Excel proficiency required (e.g., formulas, pivot tables, etc.). Experience with Microsoft Power Automate and/or macros desired.
- Highly organized, attention to detail, and committed to maintaining the company records.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, environmental science, public policy, engineering, chemistry, or a related area of study.
- Experience supporting compliance functions, such as policies and procedures, training, and monitoring.
- Expert time management and multi-tasking skills; able to manage many projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with global supply chain compliance requirements, such as business ethics, anti-slavery/human trafficking requirements preferred.
Compensation: $90,000-115,000 base + bonus.